Welcome to my "all things plants" blog. These are my own personal observations, thoughts, and things I've found beneficial to me. Please comment and contribute.

“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” -Gandhi

Monday, July 2, 2012

HOWL'S THAT!

So the "HOWLandscaping committee" is official! lol! love it! It stands for "Habitat of Wellness Landscaping Committee". HOWL's that??? lol! They will begin removal sometime this month so we can plant this september!! a medicinal garden for ASU!!! I'm gonna leave a mark, even if it's gonna be brown (and green)! LOL!!!

Basically what has happened is this person (me) had a fit when the grounds people at school ripped out some mighty fine specimens behind my building that I have been using for teaching purposes for years. WELL, this person (me) had a fit and called and emailed and basically bitched and cried about it to (gasp) the RIGHT person! So we arranged a meeting and talked about how we use the various trees and plants in teaching and the grounds manager agreed we NEED to be able to do this so "let's form a committee and do some things to help you out!"

yay! And that is how the HOWLandscaping committee was formed, from bitching and tears! Well, we are getting the "ok" for using unused areas of "forest" and they will be cleaning them up and making trails YAY! and we have been approved to take over some planting beds on the "other side" of my building for a medicinal garden! Since it is too hot to plant right now, that gives us plenty of time to remove the plants there (cultivated "non-medicinal") and putting in new soil and planting the new plants in about September.

I am SO EXCITED!!! This is something that I will be able to "pass on" to my students, even after I'm gone! (hence the "mark", lol)

I've GOT to get a new camera and get some before and after pictures!

I am still so surprised at how much "they" actually listen to ME! (and "they" have professors in "them")

BTW, I'm the one that came up with the name too! Ok, one of the professors, Dr. Marsico did help with "wellness", we kinda thought of it at the same time but he was about a half of a second ahead of me. lol! Plus the name fits with our school mascot: the Red Wolves.

So tomorrow, if it's NOT too hot, a stop at Best Buy for a look at the camera's and maybe I'll be able to get pictures on Thursday! :)

have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment but I will moderate the comments so that no spam gets into the blog.