Welcome to my "all things plants" blog. These are my own personal observations, thoughts, and things I've found beneficial to me. Please comment and contribute.

“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” -Gandhi

Friday, March 21, 2014

spring has SPRUNG 2014!

It's the second day of spring and I saw from the weather man that a huge snow storm ... a "polar vortex" (now ain't THAT a new PC word) will be hitting most of the lower 48... even creeping down to the ole AR/MO border possibly.

But I'm going to pretend that spring has indeed sprung here since all the Daffodils are blooming and I've already started seeds.

I'm teaching a few labs and so since there are grow lights in the lab, I started three flats of seeds.

This is a small flat with lot's of goodies.  Looks like all but one (3 cells) type of plant is growing

This is the "left" half of the flat and started last  (each flat was started one week after the other)

The right half, looks like a good start.

flat #2 right side

flat #2 left side, some things are not germinating it looks like.  

I have other flats and pots started at home.  I'll be taking pictures of those, but you can't see anything yet since I just started them a few days ago.  I'll also be taking pictures of all the things that ARE growing in the yard but that is for another post.  
enjoy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment but I will moderate the comments so that no spam gets into the blog.