Welcome to my "all things plants" blog. These are my own personal observations, thoughts, and things I've found beneficial to me. Please comment and contribute.

“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” -Gandhi

Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's that time of the year where I try to...

March 1st... the beginning of my own personal struggle to control myself.

First there are those seed catalogs that are trickling in.

Then those mesmerizing moments when I "accidentally" wander too close to the garden department at Walmart.  Drive too close to Lowe's.

Well yesterday, I DID wander too close to the garden dept of Walmart.  They have their roses out.  They had the older bags of bird seed marked down (but still not low enough for me), old bird feeders marked down (yep, ended up controlling myself with just ONE), and hundreds of packages of seeds.

I ended up with a touch top garbage can for the Rabbit poo (yep I'm getting a rabbit on Monday for my classroom, (miniature lion manes' ???) and need something to put the poop in so I can bring it home for my gardens raised beds.

I got thick and thin bamboo sticks for a green bean trellis I am planning for one of my raised beds.

Two new house plants cause I've not killed nearly enough of them.

and my yearly new rose bush.

So I think I made out ok.  Didn't go TOO badly overboard, I did resist the bird seed after all.

But I can smell spring out there now.  And that tells me it's time to get some seeds started in pots. :)

Go outside and breath the spring air!  It's there, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment but I will moderate the comments so that no spam gets into the blog.