Welcome to my "all things plants" blog. These are my own personal observations, thoughts, and things I've found beneficial to me. Please comment and contribute.

“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” -Gandhi

Monday, August 8, 2011

just an update

I went out to water today, I cannot believe that there is still life out there in my garden. It has been SO hot out there. My herbs seem to be doing the best but I did lose my lambs ears. I do not think they will come back. Not sure if my citrus trees will make it or not. Their little leaves are all curled up. I started them from seed so I hope they make it.

I have about three tomatoes on one plant, the others are just not going pass the flower stage. And STILL none of my squash or cucumbers are doing anything but flowering!

The good news is that I have not had to mow my grass for almost a month! lol!

And some more good news is that my mint has come back so another week or so and I will start harvesting the leaves. I love the tea from it.

my three year old green pepper plant had one pepper on it and the heat COOKED IT! yes I went to check it, it was not quite big enough to pick, and it was all soft and COOKED! No peppers off it for me this year!

So I had bought a bag full of nuts last year after they went on sale for a buck a pound and I planted a bunch of them and a few of them came up, now comes the fun part: figuring out what nut tree they are! lol! I planted almond, hazelnut, English walnut, pecan and even a brazil nut or two. Time to get my tree book out! I would LOVE a few of each, not sure where I would put them in my yard (tiny yard).... I may have to see about buying the empty two lots one door down.... lol! If only I have the money! :)

all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment but I will moderate the comments so that no spam gets into the blog.