Welcome to my "all things plants" blog. These are my own personal observations, thoughts, and things I've found beneficial to me. Please comment and contribute.

“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” -Gandhi

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Raised beds

I would take a picture of the new raised beds..........but

they are not built yet AND most of the wood is at my son's house because he took it out of my van so we could take the grands out riding.

lol!

Supposedly, he is to come over this Saturday (I will try to sneak some pictures of him working hard) and finish up my fence....it is slowly getting done...just ONE more piece and a gate! yay!!!

I have a couple lilac bushes I want to plant in the front yard and a Japanese maple and I will have to hope no one decides to dig them up and steal them. yeah that happens around here.

Got about half the seeds in I've ordered. I'm going to try Stevia and ginseng this year. And I will be making an asparagus bed! :) Will be growing that from seed.

Some day I may just get organized. But I doubt it will be soon. hahaha!

my "freebie" red cabbage is still growing and I now have "freebie" potatoes growing. My thyme has not died either and somehow my cauliflower plants that got ate up TWICE is now on their THIRD try at thriving. SAME two plants. lol! I sure hope they give something to eat after all that struggle.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I am not too great at organization either. Stevia--I love it but so far I've only brewed with it. You'll have to tell us all what you do with it. You've got me wishing for gardening time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in the Stevia because of all the artificial sweeteners, it is one I can use. So I'm hoping that if it grows, I will be able to play around with it and see how to use it as a sweetener. Especially in my coffee and tea :) I will dry some to see how long it lasts (if I do not use it all up) and will try to figure out just how much to brew with my hot drinks. I've found that the old adage that one would use more fresh versus less dried is not always true. :)

    thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment but I will moderate the comments so that no spam gets into the blog.